Flight & car pp
Max. Occupancy 3
Distance to resort Gaios: 5 mins drive
Distance to beach 5 mins drive
Pool Size 10m x 5m
A delightful traditional cottage sleeping three, set in mature gardens and olive groves overlooking Gaios.
2 bedroom villa with private swimming pool
- Sleeps 2-3
- Private Swimming Pool
- Car Hire
- Air Conditioning
Poseidon, like the other residents on Mt Olympus, had a somewhat colourful love life, so when he began his latest liaison with the nymph Amphitrite he decided they needed a romantic and, above all, a discreet hideaway far from prying eyes. None of the many hundreds of beautiful Greek islands seemed acceptable so with one blow of his mighty trident he broke off a section of Corfu and created Paxos! Unfortunately his trident broke and is now the island's emblem. Myth it might be but the Paxos of today fully deserves its reputation as one of the most peaceful and romantic of all the Ionian islands.
Many of the older family cottages once lived in by generations of island families have been recently modernised and converted to provide comfortable holiday accommodation in beautiful surroundings. Eleana, built by the present owner's great grandfather using local stone, is a lovely example, and because it is a traditional Paxiot cottage it is surrounded by fruit and olive trees, all thriving in the fertile soil. Depending on the season visitors can pick their own fresh figs, lemons, mandarins and quinces to enjoy in the shade of statuesque olive trees before a refreshing swim in the large swimming pool.
The cottage interior with its timber-lined ceilings is simply but very comfortably furnished. Old and new blend together to provide a welcoming and romantic atmosphere.
Eleana is by no means remote, nowhere is on Paxos! A walk into Gaios will take you around twenty five minutes or why not take time to explore the interior of the island and its dramatic West coast on foot, following trails and paths that have been used for hundreds of years, but driving on quiet lanes is equally pleasant giving easy access to shops, tavernas and the many island beaches.
Poseidon might have been one of the fiercer Greek gods but he was obviously an old softie at heart, and following in his mythical footsteps might just show that fact can be as romantic as fiction!
2 bedroom villa with private pool
· Swimming pool 10m x 5m
· 1 double bedroom
· 1 single bedroom
· Separate shower room
· Fully fitted kitchen with fridge freezer, full cooker, microwave AND washing machine
· Open plan kitchen/living/dining room with TV (limited channels), DVD AND docking station
· WIFI (see booking conditions)
· Air conditioning (Bedrooms only)
· Maid service and linen changes on arrivals day and midweek
Air Conditioning, BBQ, TV, DVD, Washing machine, WIFI, Terrace,
HOLIDAYS WITH FLIGHTS: Please click the tab below that corresponds to the no. of persons in your party for per person prices including flights & car hire or transfers as specified.
VILLA ONLY PRICE: If this property offers a 'Villa Only' option, please click on the Villa Only tab below. No 'Villa Only' tab means this property can only be booked as part of a package.
Pricing information is not currently available for this property.
Please contact us for more information
Prices displayed are per person based on maximum occupancy of the property when flights & car hire or transfers are included (except for Special Offers). Accommodation only prices are per property. All properties can be sold for less than maximum occupancy - contact us for prices. Price display does not guarantee property availability, as this website does not have a live search facility.
Tour operator ATOL number: 5853
- All bookings made with Holiday World Ltd. are either fully bonded through an ATOL licence or through our membership of the Travel Trust Association R5735.
- Holiday World Ltd. acts as a retail travel agent for bonded UK tour operators, further details of which will be made available at the time of booking. Your holiday contract will be bound by the tour operator's terms and conditions.
- We believe that the property descriptions on our websites are accurate and complete but are for general guidance information only. Tour operators provide this information to us and their information is produced many months ahead of when you may be travelling and there may be occasions when this information is no longer accurate. Although we make every effort to keep our websites up to date with any alterations, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the property descriptions. You should verify the accuracy of any information that you intend to rely on with us prior to booking.
- Air-Conditioning - where a property offers this please read the description carefully as it may be available throughout the property /only in the bedrooms / only in certain parts of the house.
WiFi - quality can vary depending on the property. Basic connectiivity will be available and in some properties, particularly apartment complexes - the WiFi may only be available in the public areas.