Flight & car pp
Max. Occupancy 4
Distance to resort Gaios: 3km
Distance to beach 7 mins drive
Pool Size 8m x 4.5m
A delightful two bedroomed, stone built villa set in its own private garden near Gaios with magnificent views.
2 bedroom villa with private swimming pool
- Sleeps 2 - 4
- Private Swimming Pool
- Car Hire
- Air Conditioning
Set in its own large, private garden Barba Yanni is a lovely example of a modern villa built in the traditional Paxiot style using local limestone for the floors and walls. However, old houses had small windows and doors for the very good reason that island life was not quite so peaceful in earlier centuries and a wide balcony doors to bring the wonderful views inside would have been too much of an open invitation to cutlass wielding pirates and other uninvited guests, but they would have appreciated the comfortable beds and the open plan interior!
Happily these are more peaceful times on Paxos, so the bright and light interior opening onto a large paved terrace and swimming pool is designed for enjoyment and relaxation. The superb view includes Gaios with its pretty natural harbour, Anti-Paxos, the mountains of the Greek mainland and, on a clear day the islands of Lefkada and Kefalonia, with not a privateer in sight.
Barba in Greek is an affectionate, informal but respectful term for an older relative or friend but this villa will equally appeal to young couples, a small family or even those looking for the most romantic location for that second honeymoon!
Moonlight of a warm Ionian evening on the terrace with the lights of Gaios twinkling below and a gentle breeze wafting away the heat of the summer sun is the perfect antidote to daily life and work in the big city.
However there is far more to this small island than romantic idylls. It is a microcosm of all the natural beauty and unique ambience that is Greece. Ancient pathways through the famous olive groves, dramatic sunsets on the spectacular west coast, lazy days on pebble beaches hidden in tree-lined coves, all this and more is on your doorstep or within a short drive on quiet roads.
Even mighty Poseidon, who created Paxos for his private, romantic interludes despite being the most bad tempered of the gods would have approved of the Villa Barba Yannis!
2 bedroom villa with private pool
· Swimming pool 8m x 4.5m
· 1 double bedroom with en suite shower room
· 1 twin bedroom with en suite shower room
· Fully fitted kitchen with fridge freezer, full cooker, microwave AND washing machine
· Open plan kitchen/living/dining room with TV (limited channels), DVD AND docking station
· WIFI (see booking conditions)
· Air conditioning (Bedrooms only)
· Maid service and linen changes on arrivals day and midweek
Air Conditioning, Sea Views, Garden, BBQ, TV, DVD, Washing machine, WIFI, Terrace,
HOLIDAYS WITH FLIGHTS: Please click the tab below that corresponds to the no. of persons in your party for per person prices including flights & car hire or transfers as specified.
VILLA ONLY PRICE: If this property offers a 'Villa Only' option, please click on the Villa Only tab below. No 'Villa Only' tab means this property can only be booked as part of a package.
Pricing information is not currently available for this property.
Please contact us for more information
Prices displayed are per person based on maximum occupancy of the property when flights & car hire or transfers are included (except for Special Offers). Accommodation only prices are per property. All properties can be sold for less than maximum occupancy - contact us for prices. Price display does not guarantee property availability, as this website does not have a live search facility.
Tour operator ATOL number: 5853
- All bookings made with Holiday World Ltd. are either fully bonded through an ATOL licence or through our membership of the Travel Trust Association R5735.
- Holiday World Ltd. acts as a retail travel agent for bonded UK tour operators, further details of which will be made available at the time of booking. Your holiday contract will be bound by the tour operator's terms and conditions.
- We believe that the property descriptions on our websites are accurate and complete but are for general guidance information only. Tour operators provide this information to us and their information is produced many months ahead of when you may be travelling and there may be occasions when this information is no longer accurate. Although we make every effort to keep our websites up to date with any alterations, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the property descriptions. You should verify the accuracy of any information that you intend to rely on with us prior to booking.
- Air-Conditioning - where a property offers this please read the description carefully as it may be available throughout the property /only in the bedrooms / only in certain parts of the house.
WiFi - quality can vary depending on the property. Basic connectiivity will be available and in some properties, particularly apartment complexes - the WiFi may only be available in the public areas.