Flight & car pp
Max. Occupancy 4
Distance to resort 3 mins drive / 20 mins walk to Manganos. 10 mins drive to Fiscardo
Distance to beach 10 min drive
Pool Size 4m x 8m
A newly built stylish villa in a wonderful private setting overlooking the dramatic west coast of the Erissos peninsula
- Sleeps 2 - 4 - Private Swimming Pool - Car Hire - Air Conditioning
Until the British occupiers in the 19th Century built the extraordinary road between the mountains and the spectacular sea cliffs of the northwest coast of Kefalonia, the Erissos peninsula in was only accessible from Argostoli by sea or by an arduous journey on horseback. The scattered, isolated settlements and villages such as Manganos, Vigli, even Fiskardo itself maintained a way of life that had changed little since the arrival of the Venetians many centuries earlier. The inhabitants always built in the elegant Venetian style, and even today echoes of that graceful architectural heritage can often be found in newly built houses, such as the Villa Kamini.
The setting, amongst olives and almond trees, and a vineyard in front is secluded and very private, but the piece de resistance is the view. Across natural oak forest to the wide bay beyond containing the awesome headland of Assos and Cape Atheras, where recent archaeological discoveries have uncovered strong historical evidence of links to the famous Odysseus.
Naturally the villa has been designed to maximize both the extraordinary setting and its stylish Venetian heritage. No expense has been spared and it shows in such touches as the carved plasterwork of the window openings and the cool spacious interior. Built on one level, the two bedroom villa has a master double with en suite bathroom, and the twin with separate shower and toilet. The open plan dining/living room is beautifully furnished and incorporates a fully fitted modern kitchen opening onto the terrace overlooking the pool, colourful gardens and that stunning view. For those evenings at home watching the sun set over the sea, there is an excellent barbecue and seating area perfect for alfresco living.
A real sense of seclusion and privacy surrounds the villa, but the remoteness is just an atmosphere these days as the cosmopolitan and welcoming harbour village of Fiskardo is only a ten minute drive away, whilst the recently improved main highway based on the original road, though well out of sight and sound provides quick and easy access to the island capital of Argostoli and the rest of this uniquely varied island.
2 bedroom villa with private swimming pool
- 1 double and 1 twin bedroom
- Private swimming pool: 8m x 4m
- Double bedroom with en suite
- Twin bedroom with adjacent shower room
- Air conditioning in all rooms
- Kitchen with full cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher
- Living/dining area with TV (limited channels), DVD and CD player
- Iron and ironing board
- Maid service and linen changes on arrivals day and midweek
Restaurants: 3 mins drive/20 mins walk (Manganos)
Beach: 10 mins drive
Mini Market & Bakery: 3 mins drive/20 mins walk (Manganos)
Fiskardo: 10 mins drive
Air Conditioning, Walk to resort centre, Sea Views, Garden, BBQ, Satellite TV, DVD, Washing machine, Maid service, CD player, Terrace,
HOLIDAYS WITH FLIGHTS: Please click the tab below that corresponds to the no. of persons in your party for per person prices including flights & car hire or transfers as specified.
VILLA ONLY PRICE: If this property offers a 'Villa Only' option, please click on the Villa Only tab below. No 'Villa Only' tab means this property can only be booked as part of a package.
Pricing information is not currently available for this property.
Please contact us for more information
Prices displayed are per person based on maximum occupancy of the property when flights & car hire or transfers are included (except for Special Offers). Accommodation only prices are per property. All properties can be sold for less than maximum occupancy - contact us for prices. Price display does not guarantee property availability, as this website does not have a live search facility.
Tour operator ATOL number: 5853
- All bookings made with Holiday World Ltd. are either fully bonded through an ATOL licence or through our membership of the Travel Trust Association R5735.
- Holiday World Ltd. acts as a retail travel agent for bonded UK tour operators, further details of which will be made available at the time of booking. Your holiday contract will be bound by the tour operator's terms and conditions.
- We believe that the property descriptions on our websites are accurate and complete but are for general guidance information only. Tour operators provide this information to us and their information is produced many months ahead of when you may be travelling and there may be occasions when this information is no longer accurate. Although we make every effort to keep our websites up to date with any alterations, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the property descriptions. You should verify the accuracy of any information that you intend to rely on with us prior to booking.
- Air-Conditioning - where a property offers this please read the description carefully as it may be available throughout the property /only in the bedrooms / only in certain parts of the house.
WiFi - quality can vary depending on the property. Basic connectiivity will be available and in some properties, particularly apartment complexes - the WiFi may only be available in the public areas.