Flight & car pp
Max. Occupancy 4
Distance to resort 5 min drive to restaurants. 10 mins drive to Stavros
Distance to beach 5 min drive
Pool Size 4m x 8m
Perfectly positioned villa with delightful views over the channel between Ithaka and Kefalonia
2 BEDROOM VILLA WITH PRIVATE SWIMMING POOL
- Sleeps 2 - 4
- Private Swimming Pool
- Car Hire
- Air Conditioning
The present occupier of that other White House may never get an opportunity to stay in this superbly appointed villa, which is a shame because the views across the Ithaka Channel to the forests and mountains of Kefalonia and the sunsets would undoubtedly lift the spirits and allow the cares of the world to drift away.
The villa is certainly an excellent match for the view. By carefully combining the use of traditional stone and wood with the latest in contemporary fixtures and fittings, the Villa Lefki is the perfect holiday home from home.
Lefki village, a straggle of houses perched between mountain and sea has a distinguished history out of all proportion to its diminutive size. During the last war it was used as a staging post for escaping allied prisoners. The inhabitants took huge risks to hide the escapees until such time as their onward journeys to safety could be arranged. In recognition of their sacrifice the British Government funded the rebuilding of the village after the great Earthquake of 1953.
The echoes of war are thankfully very faint now. What remains is an ideal base for a peaceful holiday. One of Ithaka's finest beaches at Agios Ioannis is a mere 5 minutes' drive down a quiet road. Old mule tracks criss-cross fertile olive and citrus groves, passing ancient cisterns and wells. Stavros the main centre of northern Ithaka with its shops, tavernas and bakery is ten minutes away by car whilst Vathi is only a little further away in the other direction, along a good road that follows the spectacular spine of the island.
The interior of the house with its spacious master bedroom, luxurious grand double bed complemented by an elegant open plan lounge/dining room and a fully fitted modern kitchen. The accommodation also includes a large twin-bedded room with en-suite shower and toilet.
A magnificent view requires an equally superb viewpoint and the raised terrace with its large totally private swimming pool does just that. This is one White House fit for any president!
2 bedroom villa with private swimming pool
· 1 double and 1 twin bedroom
· Private swimming pool: 4m x 8m
· Air conditioning in all rooms
· Kitchen with full cooker, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher
· Living/Dining area with Satellite TV (limited channels), DVD and CD player
· Iron and ironing board
· Maid service and linen changes on arrivals day and midweek
Restaurants: 10 mins drive
Beach: 10 mins drive
Mini Market & Bakery: 10 mins drive
Motor Boat Hire · Marine Adventure
HOLIDAYS WITH FLIGHTS: Please click the tab below that corresponds to the no. of persons in your party for per person prices including flights & car hire or transfers as specified.
VILLA ONLY PRICE: If this property offers a 'Villa Only' option, please click on the Villa Only tab below. No 'Villa Only' tab means this property can only be booked as part of a package.
Pricing information is not currently available for this property.
Please contact us for more information
Prices displayed are per person based on maximum occupancy of the property when flights & car hire or transfers are included (except for Special Offers). Accommodation only prices are per property. All properties can be sold for less than maximum occupancy - contact us for prices. Price display does not guarantee property availability, as this website does not have a live search facility.
Tour operator ATOL number: 5853
- All bookings made with Holiday World Ltd. are either fully bonded through an ATOL licence or through our membership of the Travel Trust Association R5735.
- Holiday World Ltd. acts as a retail travel agent for bonded UK tour operators, further details of which will be made available at the time of booking. Your holiday contract will be bound by the tour operator's terms and conditions.
- We believe that the property descriptions on our websites are accurate and complete but are for general guidance information only. Tour operators provide this information to us and their information is produced many months ahead of when you may be travelling and there may be occasions when this information is no longer accurate. Although we make every effort to keep our websites up to date with any alterations, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the property descriptions. You should verify the accuracy of any information that you intend to rely on with us prior to booking.
- Air-Conditioning - where a property offers this please read the description carefully as it may be available throughout the property /only in the bedrooms / only in certain parts of the house.
WiFi - quality can vary depending on the property. Basic connectiivity will be available and in some properties, particularly apartment complexes - the WiFi may only be available in the public areas.